Recipe taken from: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/crunchy-veg-bowl-with-warm-peanut-sauce
- 2 red or green Thai chiles, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 golden beet, scrubbed, cut into matchsticks
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 Persian cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large handful of bean sprouts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup torn mint leaves
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted, toasted peanuts, crushed
- 4 cups warm cooked brown rice
Pulse chiles, garlic, peanut butter, coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and fish sauce in a blender until smooth. Transfer peanut sauce to a small saucepan and add ¼ cup water (if too thick, add a splash or so of water as needed). Heat over medium-low, whisking often, until smooth and hot, about 5 minutes; season with salt. Keep warm over low heat, whisking occasionally.
Do Ahead: Sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Reheat in a small saucepan over medium-low, whisking often, until warm.
Cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water 7 minutes (whites will be set and yolks still slightly soft). Drain; transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until cold. Drain and peel; set aside.
Toss cabbage, scallions, beet, celery, cucumber, sprouts, cilantro, and mint in a large bowl to combine; season with salt. Top with peanuts.
Serve salad with brown rice and eggs, drizzled with some peanut sauce, with more sauce on the side.