This was the perfect 4th of July picnic dessert! It was even more delicious served with freshly whipped cream. These crumble bars can be a bit thick and more like a crumble cake. For a thinner result you can either halve the recipe or switch to a jelly roll pan. Best served warm!
Gluten-Free Berry Crumble Bars
(inspired by this recipe!)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Makes a large casserole full of deliciousness.
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter chilled
- a pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- plenty of strawberries (stems removed and chopped) and blueberries to fill up your baking dish
- shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a ~9'x13' casserole baking dish
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add butter and eggs--mixing together so that the dough is crumbly.
- Split the mixture in half, and mix milk into one half of the dough. Stir until the dough is thick and can hold its form. Press this into the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Evenly spread berries over the dough in the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the berries with the other half of the dough, and sprinkle the shaved coconut on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is a golden brown. Let cool before cutting.