Can't choose between spicy & sweet??
This dish takes advantage of one of my favorite Summer stone fruits: the PEACH! That's right, folks, it's prime peach season. The salsa can pack a super spicy kick depending on the amount of jalapeño you add, so be honest with yourself and adjust the recipe according to your spice needs.
Spicy Hot Peach Salsa
Makes approx 30 oz. (guestimate of amount in the bowl pictured)
Prep time: 30 mins
- 3 Peaches, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- 2 small Cucumbers, diced
- the juice of 1 Lime
This one's a cinch:
- Rinse all of your ingredients, then slice the peaches, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, and cucumbers, and chop the cilantro.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your sliced/chopped ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the juice of one lime.
This is a fairly forgiving recipe, so if you want to tinker with it by adding a new ingredient or two: GO FOR IT! I decided against adding onions, because with the cucumber, bell pepper and jalapeño I felt I had enough of a crunch to avoid the extra filler--BUT it's worth a try.