You know that feeling you get when you want something sweet, but still somewhat healthy? Fruit is not going to do it for you. It's just not going to hit the spot. It has to be something sort of naughty, but small enough and easy enough to eat that you can hide the evidence fairly quickly. I'm talking about cookies, folks. Delicious, slightly healthy, chocolatey little angels.
Cue GLUTEN-FREE MUDPIE COOKIES!
This recipe is easy, quick and very satisfying!
Gluten Free Mudpie Cookies
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal
- 1 heaped tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 cup Milk (any kind of milk will do)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1/2 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or chocolate hazelnut spread of choice. Vegan recipe: http://www.realfoodkosher.com/quick-homemade-nutella/)
- In a small bowl mix Flour, Oats, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar and Salt.
- In a separate, larger bowl beat Coconut Oil and Sugar together until well combined.
- Add Egg, Milk and Vanilla Extract to sugar & oil mixture and beat again until the mixture is silky.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the batter, beating in bit by bit until it's fully combined.
- Mix in Shredded Coconut, Chocolate Chips and Nutella.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool before eating. (Don't get too excited and burn your mouth off, in other words.)
tip: If you check on your cookies halfway through, and it looks like they've flattened out into a single GIANT cookie--grab a spoon, separate them from each other and pile them into messy little cookie shapes again. It will be delicious no matter what happens in there.
You should come out with something looking like this: