It's that time of year again, when everything revolves around PUMPKINS and how delicious they are.
Fun fact: Did you know pumpkin spice is just a combination of the spices people have always used to make pumpkin pies? It's not a special branded flavor, as Starbucks would have you believe. It's just cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. And allspice is pumpkin spice without the ginger.
Lesson learned? Then you've earned a recipe for some delicious gluten-free pumpkin bread!
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Makes one 9inch loaf
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 heaping tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp + a pinch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp + a pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp + a pinch Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Water
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves and Salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, beat Butter, Sugar and Canola oil until combined and fluffy, scraping batter off of the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add Pumpkin Puree, mix.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, mix.
- Then slowly add the flour mixture a little bit at a time, and mix.
- Once all of the flour mixture is incorporated, slowly add Water.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch loaf pan and bake at 350F for 1 hour 15 minutes. Check on the loaf after an hour to see how it's doing. If the top is getting too browned, you can cover it with foil for the remaining time.
- Your loaf will be finished when a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before eating.